Oregon Writing Project at Eastern Oregon University
Serving kindergarten through college teachers in all content areas since 1991
The Oregon Writing Project at Eastern Oregon University (OWP) is affiliated with the National Writing Project and shares its mission to improve learning by improving teaching. To that end, we believe:
- The best teachers of teachers are themselves classroom teachers.
- The best literacy teachers are themselves writers and readers.
- Writing enhances learning in all disciplines.
- The most effective writing instruction focuses on process as well as product.
- Successful teaching depends on current research and best practices.
- Leadership motivates teachers and saves administrators time and money.
- Motivated teachers motivate students. Motivated students perform better.