EOU administration honors student leaders
Source contact: Le Alexander | Interim Director, Student Involvement
541-962-3714 | email@example.com
June 9, 2014
LA GRANDE, Ore. (EOU) — Student leaders and organizations at Eastern Oregon University were recognized during the 2014 Student Leadership Awards June 5.
University students, faculty and staff nominated individuals and student-led organizations demonstrating a commitment to leadership and excellence during their time at EOU.
A selection committee consisting of staff and students chose the winners in 11 categories. EOU’s Center for Student Involvement sponsored the awards reception.
Among awards presented, seniors Brooke Stout and Kodi Riebling received the Student Leader of the Year Award for their work with clubs and organizations in efforts to increase the importance of co-curricular involvement at EOU.
Other awards and recipients are:
• New Student Club of the Year – EOU Garden Club
• Lending a Helping Hand – Pre-Professional Health Club
• Excellence in Promoting Diversity – Latino Impact
• Outstanding Club or Organization of the Year – Chemistry Club
• Outstanding Student Academic Support – Tracy Koenig and Sheryln Roberts
• Outstanding Student Administrative Support – Stephanie Maestretti and Cody Singer
• Rising Star of the Year – Cole Johnson
• Greatest Leap – Mary Asker
• Unsung Hero – Jacob Johansen
• Good Neighbor – Austin Saunders
The EOU chapter of the National Society of Leadership and Success also inducted the following 10 students into the organization: Jamie Brakora of Anchorage, Alaska; Colton Dunham of Roseburg; Micaela Epifanio of Milton-Freewater; Josephine Finch of Pendleton; Allegra Gust of Zillah, Wash.; Ron Hartley of Portland; Victoria Ingram of Wrangell, Alaska; Erica Snyder of Sandy; Kaydee Wheeling of Elgin; and Shannon White of North Powder.
In order to be considered for full induction, students must attend orientation, leadership training day, three success networking team meetings and three speaker broadcasts.
The National Society of Leadership and Success serves more than 325,000 students on over 400 university and college campuses nationwide. For more information call 201-222-6544 or visit www.societyleadership.org.