Now accepting applications for Fall 2013!
Students must apply for admission to:
- Eastern Oregon University’s graduate school
- The College of Business MBA Program
For admission to Eastern Oregon University Graduate School:
- Download the Application for Graduate Admission here.
- Contact support staff: Janet Frye at (541) 962-3772 or firstname.lastname@example.org in the College of Business.
- Submit official transcripts showing undergraduate degree course work (if you are a graduate of EOU, you do not need to submit your transcripts).
- International students will need to complete the EOU International Application. Contact the Admissions office for further information at (541) 962-3393. (Due to the extensive review process for international students, all applications are due no later than February 1st.)
- Complete the MBA Application form.
- Submit a cover letter and resume.
- Complete the Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT). To register for the GMAT exam visit http://www.mba.com/mba or call GMAT Customer Service at 1-800-717-GMAT (4628). The GMAT test must have been taken within the past five years.
- Applicants whose baccalaureate degrees are not in business may be required to take certain prerequisite courses. Potential applicants are required to be knowledgeable in basic business principles such as marketing, management, and finance.
- International students whose first language is not English are required to take official TOEFL tests with a minimum score of 520/190 on the computer-based test.
Applications will be accepted based on the following four criteria:
1. Undergraduate grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher. Consideration will be given to candidates who, in their last 60 quarter hours of college/university work attained a 3.0 or higher or candidates whose cumulative GPA in professional business and business-related courses totaling 60 quarter hours or more averages 3.0 or higher.
2. GMAT score with a target score of 500.
3. Quantity and quality of business and life experiences that would indicate readiness for the MBA program.
4. Any other items deemed to be a good predictor of success in the program.
While the committee selects the best and most qualified candidates, they will direct other applicants to take certain necessary preparatory actions in order to be admitted to the program.
The program coordinator may approve as many as 10-quarter hours of credit into the MBA program. Not all graduate business courses from other institutions may be transferable. The transfer is made on a case-by-case basis.
Eastern Oregon University has received specialized accreditation for its business programs through the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE), located in Olathe, Kansas. The Master of Business Administration degree is accredited by the IACBE.