The following items have been identified as goals for the department moving forward:
- Upgrade campus telephone system for enhanced feature set and cost savings.
- Deploy Active Directory to entire campus to meet OUS requirements, improve security, and provide other enhanced functions.
- Create new private networks for enhanced security, reliability and campus infrastructure.
- Deploy campus wide wireless system with 100% proliferation.
- Increase campus WAN bandwidth for additional student and business functions.
- Deploy Google Apps Archiving system to all EOU accounts.
- Upgrade and increase EOU fiber connectivity between core network and building distribution centers.
- Deploy new security camera and monitoring solutions to key IT related areas.
- Better campus wide computer imaging system.
- Increase server and storage infrastructure.
- Continuing education and certification for IT staff.