The following items have been identified as goals for the department moving forward:
- Creation of new Help Desk Unit that includes 2 new Help Desk Analysts and 2 new Equipment Systems Specialists to better serve our staff, faculty and students
- Creation of new Infrastructure Unit to handle the growing list of projects including maintaining and updating EOU network, servers, telecommunications and data storage
- Update the IT Website to WordPress and update content to provide online training to EOU staff, faculty and students on various software
- Work with University Advancement in training, support and moving all departments over to WordPress to better improve the EOU website
- Update all Smart Classroom computers and move them to Windows 7 before Fall Term 2012
- Assist Facilities in moving staff/faculty back into newly remodeled Pierce Library and Zabel Hall before the start of Fall Term 2012
- Identify and replace aging network infrastructure core components to help improve flow and speed of data over EOU networks.
- Implement a new box office software to allow credit card purchases and the ability to allow end-users to purchase and print EOU event tickets.