Faculty/Staff Introduction to Technology Resources
First off, welcome to EOU!! We are all looking forward to working with you now and in the future!
Below are commonly asked questions that we receive from new faculty and staff members when they first start their new adventure with EOU. There are also links to EOU account logins and services. Please look for the section your question may fall under for answers. If your question is not answered here, or you need more information please contact the EOU IT Help Desk at (541) 962-3111 or submit a Technology Ticket.
View these links for more information about EOU services!
Click on these links to access EOU Account Logins!
Miscellaneous Technology Questions
1. What is a “Technology Ticket” and how do I submit one when I need IT assistance?
- A Technology Ticket is a request for IT Services. This includes internet, software, hardware and telephone issues. If you have simple or difficult technology questions, suggestions or concerns, submit a Technology Ticket. No matter your skill level, if you have a IT related question, we’re here to help you. And if we can help you, we’ll direct you to somebody who can.
- To submit a Technology Ticket, you can either fill out the online form by clicking this link or submit a e-mail to email@example.com. Remember that we cannot accept e-mail attachments so if you need to send us something, please indicate it in your request.
- We do base all of our requests by their priority, placing emergencies first over routine request but we do our best to complete them as quickly as we receive them. If you have any further questions, please contact the EOU IT Help Desk at (541) 962-3111 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. I need to schedule a meeting room, who do I contact to do this?
- Please contact Heather Rapp at (541) 962-3575 or email@example.com to schedule the Ackerman 208 Alumni Room.
3. How do I locate EOU Staff & Faculty for a phone number or a e-mail address?
- Please click this link and enter in their information to search for a phone number or a e-mail address.
4. Is there discounted education software available for faculty and staff to install on their personal computers like Microsoft Office?
- Yes, just click this link to see what is available and you can purchase directly from the site Techhead.org.
5. Is there a free or open-source software available that works like Microsoft Office available that I can download and install on my personal computer?
- Yes, you can download Open Office for free. You can save the documents as a .doc file and they can be opened with Microsoft Word. The same applies for spreadsheets and databases.
6. Do you provide any software training for the programs I have installed on my computer?
- Once in a while, the IT department will offer free in-class training on certain software. However, due to our small staff, we aren’t able to offer classes all of the time but we do provide online training that you can access at anytime by clicking this link.
7. My computer in my office on campus is not picking up an internet connection. What should I do?
- First, please try restarting your computer. If this does not work, contact the EOU IT Help desk at (541) 962-3111 or submit a Technology Ticket.
8. I cannot connect to the EOU wireless, what should I do?
- First, check to see if you can get a signal. Currently the wireless coverage doesn’t cover the entire EOU campus but we are working to change that in the near future. If you can see the signal (“EOU” is the wireless network name), try connecting to it. It currently doesn’t require a username or password so you should be able to connect to it without any issues. If you’re still having issues, contact the EOU IT Help desk at (541) 962-3111 or submit a Technology Ticket.
9. How do I work the EOU telephone that’s on my desk?
- The EOU IT Help Desk has put together a online manual for all of the specific phones and their functions and you can find access it by clicking here.
10. My Plantronics wireless headset is having issues. How can I get assistance with this issue?
- To get help with your wireless headset, please visit this link. You can explore the knowledge base for answers with your questions, or you can do a live chat.
11. I am trying to dial a local off campus number, how do I do this?
- To dial an off campus local number press 9, the area code (541) and then the number you want to call.
For more information, contact the EOU IT Help Desk at (541) 962-3111 or submit a Technology Ticket.