Basic Phone Tips
Changing Autodial Buttons
- Press #80 then press the button you want to change.
- Dial the new number, for example 95419632999.
- Press the button again.
Avoiding Telephone Scams
- Never transfer a call for anyone you don’t recognize.
- Never call a 900 number unless you know it’s a correct number.
- Never share your authorization card number with anyone. Even student workers need their own code.
Transfer a Call Back to the Called Party’s Voice Mail
- PRESS – #89.
If You Need to Forward Your Phone Temporarily
- Pick up receiver, hear dial tone, press *2,
- Dial the phone number you want to forward your phone to
- Hear beep,beep,beep, hang up. To turn off press #22
- *3 forwards your phone with 3 rings at your phone first.
- Pick up receiver, hear dial tone, press *3,
- Dial in the phone number you want to forward your phone to, hear beep,beep,beep, hang-up. To turn off press #22
- *8 forwards your phone to your path, usually Audix.(or the next line in your coverage path). To Turn off press #88
Set Up a Personal Dialing List (speed dialing)
- Pick up receiver, listen for dial tone, press #80,
- Hear beep,beep,beep, press 1 for your list number, 01 for your first entry (02,03, etc for following entries) then the number you wish to speed dial, remembering to use 9, 1, and area code.
- Be sure to keep a list of your numbers to refer back to.
NOTE: Please DO NOT put your authorization code in speed dial.
Last Number Redial
- Press #73.
Automatic Call Back
- You have dialed an extension number and got a busy signal.
- Press recall,*5, extension number, and hang up.
- Listen for 3 short rings,pick up your handset and hear ringing.
- To de-activate press #55.
- Press recall, dial third party, converse, press recall again to join first caller to conference.
- If you should happen to get voice mail just press the recall button again to drop the call.
- Simply hang up to disconnect yourself from the conference.
For more information, contact the EOU IT Help Desk at (541) 962-3111 or submit a Technology Ticket.