The following items have been identified as achievements for the department in the past year:
- Re-organization of new Help Desk Unit that includes 2 new Help Desk Analysts and 2 new Equipment Systems Specialists to better serve our staff, faculty and students.
- Creation of new Infrastructure Unit to handle the growing list of projects including maintaining and updating EOU network, servers, telecommunications and data storage.
- Re-create the IT Website in WordPress for better communication to campus.
- Provide online and classroom training for WordPress to EOU staff, faculty and students.
- Updated all Smart Classroom and various lab and regional center computers and move them to Windows 7 before Fall Term 2012.
- Assisted Facilities in moving staff/faculty back into newly remodeled Pierce Library and Zabel Hall before the start of Fall Term 2012.
- Identified and replace aging network infrastructure core components to help improve flow and speed of data over EOU networks.
- Improved wireless access to newly remodeled Pierce Library and Zabel Hall before the start of Fall Term 2012.
- Implemented a new box office software to allow credit card purchases and the ability to allow end-users to purchase and print EOU event tickets.