Avaya 6408/6416 Digital Phone Tips
- Push the Voice Mail button on the phone
- Wait for the first ring and greeting to finish, then hit the # button
- Type in the voicemail password followed by the # button.
- To get to the messages press 2
- Wait for the message details to finish, and press 0 to listen to the message.
- To forward the message to another person, press 1 and follow the prompts
- To delete the message press * and then 3
- To skip the message and continue to the next one press #
Dialing Long Distance Numbers
- Press 9
- Dial 1, and then the number you are trying to call
- Wait for the dial tone and then enter the long distance code followed by the # button
Dialing Numbers That Are Off Campus (Not long distance)
- Press 9
- Dial the number you are wanting to call
- While on the phone with someone, press the trnsfr button on the phone
- Dial the extension you want to transfer the caller to (Note: if transferring the call to someone in the same office, make sure you dial their number instead of hitting the button with their extension, or else the call will not transfer.)
- Hit the trnsfr button again.
Searching The Campus Directory
- Press the Menu button
- Press the first button on the top left of the phone
- Use the number pad to search by first letter of last name
- Use the Next button to view more results
Send Calls Automatically to Audix
- Press the Send All Calls to Audix button to send all incoming calls to audix
- Press the Send All Calls to Audix button again to start receiving calls
Making a Conference Call
We have 3 distinct conference numbers, all allow up to 6 parties in each.
• 541-9623138 (23138 on campus) Access code 771134
• 541-9623700 (23700) Access code 998831
• 541-9623900 (23900) Access code 646422
1. The caller will hear announcements pertinent to where in call queue they are. Example: You are the first caller, access code is not valid, your call is in progress, etc.
2. If the conference call already has 6 participants, they will get the “This conference is filled to capacity” message.
3. 23583 is the contact number for users that may have an incorrect access code.
4. If you are dialing the numbers to make a conference call, follow these steps:
- Call the first person you are wanting to talk to. Wait for them to answer.
- Hit the CONF button and dial another number. Wait for them to answer.
- Continue this process until you have reached the desired amount of callers (6 is the max)
- Hit the CONF button once more to connect all called parties.
For more information, contact the EOU IT Help Desk at (541) 962-3111 or submit a Technology Ticket.