New International Student Checklist
Prior to Arrival:
- Review your documents to ensure accuracy prior to applying for your U.S. visa
- Apply for on-campus housing
- E-mail travel information to the International Student Adviser
- Complete Arrival Notification Form
- Students coming to La Grande for the first time can make special arrangements with the International Student Adviser, to be picked up at the Pendleton airport or the local bus station.
- Review international student orientation and WOW schedules
- Essential documents to hold at all times during travel: Valid passport (must be valid 6
months beyond date of entry into U.S.), Valid F-1 visa, copy of your SEVIS I-901 payment
receipt, form I-20, travelers checks, copy of travel itinerary, emergency contact information
and contact information for EOU’s International Student Adviser.
- Check into your residence hall
- Review welcome packet found in your room if residing on campus
- Attend international student orientation and WOW
- Arrive on time to all orientation events to ensure a successful beginning at EOU
- Complete Revolving Charge account form
- Use your course schedule and campus map to find the location of your classes. Your
Resident Assistant is here to help if you need it!
- Purchase text books
First Week of Classes
- Pay bill or make payment arrangements by the 14th calendar day of the term
- Start a routine of checking your EOU e-mail account regularly
- Attend class consistently from the first day