Scholarship Opportunities – 13/14 Aid Year
EOU Scholarship Opportunities
- Award: Up to $3,075, renewable up to 4 years. Award varies based on GPA and official test scores.
- Eligibility: First-time freshmen; must be admitted to EOU; minimum High School GPA of 3.0
- Application Process: Automatically awarded based on criteria until funds are fully allocated.
- Deadline: Early consideration is given beginning with students admitted by November 1st and priority awarding is given to students admitted by February 1st who will attend the following fall term. These funds are available on a first-admitted, first-qualified basis until all funds are allocated.
EOU Foundation Scholarships
- Award: Amount varies, 70+ scholarship programs administered through the EOU Foundation. To view scholarship listings click here.
- Eligibility: All EOU students are eligible to apply; must be admitted to EOU
- Deadline: Online application opens October 1st; must be fully submitted by February 1st to be considered for next Fall.
- Award: $2,000 to $4,000 per year for up to four years
- Eligibility: All EOU students with minimum GPA of 3.25; pursuing math teaching career
- Deadline: Online application opens October 1st; must be fully submitted by February 1st to be given first consideration for next Fall.
- Award: Ranges from $500 – $4,000
- Eligibility: all EOU students are eligible to apply; be admitted to EOU
- Deadline: Online application opens October 1st; must be fully submitted by February 1st to be considered for next Fall
- Award: Up to $1,500, renewable up to 2 years. Awards vary based on transfer GPA and financial need as determined by FAFSA
- Eligibility: Undergraduate transfer student, seeking first bachelor’s degree, taking a minimum of 6-credits with EOU
- Deadline: Priority consideration for Merit-based, is given to students who submit scholarship application and apply for admission to EOU by September 1st for Fall term; December 1st for Winter term; March 1st for Spring term. Priority funding for Need-based will be awarded to students who demonstrate need and submit a FAFSA by March 1st of the aid year. See the Transfer Scholarship Application for more details
- Award: Up to $1,500, varies by cumulative GPA
- Eligibility: Current EOU student who has completed at least 3 consecutive terms with Eastern Oregon University. Application opens June 1st each year.
- Deadline: Priority consideration is given to students who submit their application by July 15th; Final deadline is September 1st. Funds will be awarded according to criteria until funds are fully allocated.
- These scholarships are available to current International students enrolled at EOU. For scholarship applications and specific scholarship criteria, please visit the International Programs site: http://www.eou.edu/intprog/scholarships/.
Academic Department Scholarships
- Please contact your academic department directly for information on other department-specific scholarship opportunities.
IMPORTANT: Your financial aid from all sources cannot exceed the cost of attendance established by the University. If you receive a scholarship, whether it is from the college or from a private source, you should notify the Financial Aid Office. We are required to review your aid package to make sure that you are not receiving more aid than your total cost of attendance. In many cases we are able to include your scholarship or grant without adjusting any of your other aid, increasing the total amount of your aid package. Sometimes we have to reduce or replace another form of aid. In that case, we always attempt to reduce or replace any loans that you might have been offered first. We strongly encourage you to explore all scholarship opportunities as valuable means to help finance your college education.