Professional Learning Communities
Professional Learning Communities (PLCs)
Eastern Promise Professional Learning Communities (PLCs) are designed to foster the development of opportunities for early college credit. Over the past few months, CORE PLC groups have met to create proficiency assessments in math, biology, writing and speech. These CORE groups have developed training sessions to be delivered in October. Schools and teachers wishing to participate in offering a credit by proficiency opportunity during the 2014-15 school year MUST attend the appropriate training session. Participants will receive credit(s) for completion of the training session and can register for the credit on the day of the event.
Beginning with winter term PLC meetings, members may choose to receive the graduate credit as in the past, or they may choose to receive a stipend equal to the cost of the credit ($286.75). This is in addition to travel and sub reimbursements and applies to all PLC meetings in the future. Also, there is some misunderstanding regarding PLC stipends for the annual assessment meeting. PLC’s are required to have at least one assessment meeting each year. For the work associated with the assessment both at the meeting and outside of that time, each K-12 PLC member receives $500. If necessary, a PLC group can conduct a second assessment meeting and K-12 participants would receive $500.
Upcoming 2014 PLC dates: For all new and continuing participants
- Academic Momentum: Late August – Specific dates will be announced later.
- Biology: June 17 – at EOU – Shaun Cain email@example.com
- Chemistry: June 16 – at EOU – Jeremy Riggle firstname.lastname@example.org
- Communication: Westside, June 16 – at BMCC – Cheri Kendrick email@example.com
- Communication: Eastside, May 2 – at EOU – April Curtis firstname.lastname@example.org
- Computer Science: TBA – Gary Parker email@example.com
The course syllabus is available at math.bluecc.edu/cs120-eop through the drop down menu at the top.
- Health: June 9 – at EOU – Kelly Rice firstname.lastname@example.org
- History: April 11 – at TVCC and broadcast to the IMESD
- Math: June 6 at EOU – John Thurber email@example.com
- Spanish: June 20 – location TBA – Jill Gibian firstname.lastname@example.org
- Success 101: June 16 – at EOU – Dan Mielke email@example.com
- Writing: June 16-17 – at EOU – Nancy Knowles firstname.lastname@example.org
Held in Badgley Hall Biology Lab
Held in Badgley Hall Chemistry Lab
HOKE Rm 301
HOKE Rm 301
Zabel Hall Rm 109 – 110
Zabel Hall 107
For questions and to RSVP contact Laurie Powell at 541.962.3941 or email email@example.com.
Visit www.eou.edu/visitor for driving directions and campus maps. Free parking is available at Community Stadium. Parking passes are required in all other campus lots. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you require a pass.