Professional Learning Communities (PLCs)
Eastern Promise Professional Learning Communities (PLCs) are designed to foster the development of opportunities for early college credit. Over the past few months, CORE PLC groups have met to create proficiency assessments in math, biology, writing and speech. These CORE groups have developed training sessions to be delivered in October. Schools and teachers wishing to participate in offering a credit by proficiency opportunity during the 2012-13 school year MUST attend the appropriate training session. Participants will receive credit(s) for completion of the training session and can register for the credit on the day of the event.
- The following PLC’s will meet Friday, October 11th at EOU
- Biology Badgley Hall Rm. 311 10am – 3pm
- Chemistry Hoke Rm. 304 9am – 12pm
- Comp. Science Zabel Hall Rm. 245 9am – 3pm
- Language Art Inlow Hall Rm. 201 9am – 3pm
- Math Ackerman Hall Alumni Rm. 9am – 3pm
- Speech – Eastside Hoke Rm. 305 1pm – 4pm
- Spanish Zabel Hall Rm 224 11am – 4pm
- Success 101 Hoke Rm. 301 9am – 3pm
In addition the Westside Speech will meet Friday, October 11th 9am – 3pm at BMCC
A Pilot History PLC will be meeting on Friday, October 11th 11:20am – 1:55pm (pst) at TVCC Four Rivers Community Center – video conferencing will be available at IMESD in Pendleton for those wishing to participate from the west-side.
For questions and to RSVP please contact Jen Jenson at 541.962.3941 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit www.eou.edu/visitor/tour for driving directions and campus maps. Free parking is available at Community Stadium. Parking passes are required in all other parking areas on campus. Contact Jen Jenson at email@example.com if you require a pass.