MBA – Curriculum
All MBA students are required to accomplish 45-credit hours of graduate course work. Course descriptions can be found in the on-line Academic Catalog.
- BA 515 Marketing Strategies and Techniques (5 credits)
- BA 520 Financial Strategies and Techniques (5 credits)
- BA 530 Contemporary Management & Organization (5 credits)
- BA 540 Operations Management (5 credits)
- BA 550 Management Information Systems (5 credits)
- BA 560 Business Ethics, Government, and Society (5 credits)
- BA 570 International Business: Strategies & Techniques (5 credits)
- BA 580 Competition and Strategic Management (5 credits)
MBA Master Thesis / Project
BA 699 Master Project (5 credits)
After completing the course requirements for the program, students are required to do an independent Master Project that encompasses knowledge and skills gained throughout the MBA Program. Students are paired with a project adviser who serves as a mentor and guide during the Master Project development. Students are allowed up to one year to complete their Master Project.
MBA Grading Policy
Any student who receives a grade lower than a B- in any MBA course will be placed on probation and must meet with the MBA Program Coordinator. A second grade below a B- within the program will result in suspension from the program. In order to be reinstated, the student must meet with the MBA Faculty Committee and re-take at least one of the courses. Any grade below a C- is an unacceptable grade, and the course must be repeated for a grade of B- or higher. In addition, students must have a minimum 3.00 grade point average in the program in order to graduate.
For those applicants who do not have a business degree or business minor, you may be asked to demonstrate competency in management, marketing, finance, accounting, and operations management. Competency can be demonstrated through academic record, testing, or professional work experience.
Eastern Oregon University has received specialized accreditation for its business programs through the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE), located in Olathe, Kansas.