All MBA students are required to accomplish 45-credit hours of graduate course work. Course descriptions can be found in the on-line Academic Catalog
- BA 515 Marketing Strategies and Techniques (5 credits)
- BA 520 Financial Strategies and Techniques (5 credits)
- BA 530 Contemporary Management & Organization (5 credits)
- BA 540 Operations Management (5 credits)
- BA 550 Management Information Systems (5 credits)
- BA 560 Business Ethics, Government, and Society (5 credits)
- BA 570 International Business: Strategies & Techniques (5 credits)
- BA 580 Competition and Strategic Management (5 credits)
MBA Master Thesis / Project
BA 699 Master Project (5 credits)
Students have up to one year from the date they are registered to complete their master project. After one year, students will be issued a grade of “F” on their project, and they will be required to re-register for the course in order to complete the MBA Program.
MBA Grading Policy
Any student who receives a grade lower than a B- in any MBA course will be placed on probation and must meet with the MBA Program Coordinator. A second grade below a B- within the program will result in suspension from the program. In order to be reinstated, the student must meet with the MBA Faculty Committee and re-take at least one of the courses. Any grade below a C- is an unacceptable grade, and the course must be repeated for a grade of B- or higher. In addition, students must have a minimum 3.00 grade point average in the program in order to graduate.
For those applicants who do not have a business degree or minor and/or cannot demonstrate competency, the following prerequisite courses may be required. Other basic prerequisites may also be required, as indicated by program advisor.
BA 211 Financial Accounting
BA 213 Managerial Accounting
BA 312 Principles of Marketing
BA 313 Principles of Finance
BA 321 Principles of Management
College level statistics
*Competency can be demonstrated through course work or professional reference and portfolio.
Eastern Oregon University has received specialized accreditation for its business programs through the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE), located in Olathe, Kansas.