Embedding a Youtube Video into Blackboard
Youtube contains a wealth of material that can be embedded into a Blackboard content item. There are a few tricks you need to know in order to make it work, however.
- Locate the Youtube video you wish to embed into your Blackboard course.
- Click on the Share button below the video.
- Click on the Embed button that appears.
- Make sure there is a check-mark in the box that says Use old embed code.
- Highlight the provided embedding code and the copy it with either the right-click menu or by clicking Edit followed by Copy at the top of your browser window.
- Open your Blackboard course shell and navigate to the content area where you wish to provide the embedded video.
- Click on Create item.
- Once you’ve added a description, add a line break in the description box to place the cursor down below your text by pressing Enter or Return. If you skip this step, the proper <div> tags may not be created in the next step.
- Click the HTML Source Mode button as seen below:
- Place the cursor between the two <div> tags you see and then paste the embed code there by either using the right-click menu or by clicking Edit and then Paste at the top of your browser window.
- Click the HTML Source Mode button again to switch back to regular view.
- The embedded video should appear within the smart text editor window, but it may not show up until you submit the new content item.
- Click the Submit button to create the item.