Audio/Visual and Media Services
Audio/Visual (AV) and Media Services are responsible for most of the audio/visual, media, and multimedia equipment and resources on EOU’s campus. Both AV and Media Services work with off-campus organizations and individuals, as well as other OUS schools, various government agencies, and private individuals, in addition to campus duties.
Media Services is responsible for:
- IP Video Conferencing (often called “V-tel,” which is a brand name like ”Kleenex,” or IPTV)
- Web conferencing like MegaMeeting and Webex, Audio editing and recording, including converting digital file types
- Some video recording and editing, including converting digital file types
- Technology planning/consulting and design for all related areas
- Backup for some AV functions
The Lecture/Computer Studio (IP video, 42 station computer lab) located in Inlow 013 is scheduled, operated, and maintained by Media Services. To schedule this room, or request any other Media Services assistance, please submit a Technology Ticket.
AV’s primary function is equipment setup and operation for events:
- PA systems
- Laptops for presenters
- Game setups
- Support for the Tech Fee Media Library
- Video recording and editing
- AV related technology consulting
Routine Smart Classroom support is handled through the EOU IT Help Desk, while higher level design and equipment issues beyond basic operation are referred by IT to AV, and may escalate to Media Services. Smart Classroom computer/network issues will be handled by IT.