EOU Art program Grad accomplishments:
Recent graduates of our program have gone on to pursue a graduate degree in Art at several prestigious graduate programs throughout the country including:
- Devin Farrand at Cranbrook Academy of Art
- Alec Schramek & John Lundak at Alfred University
- Kenneth Girrard at The Pratt Institute
- Aaron McNamee at Loyola University
- Andrew Myers at Portland State University
- Jaime Gustavson at Vermont College
- Cody Bloom at The University of Delaware
- Mariah Boyle & Jo Topholm at Washington State University
- Shannon Berg at Montana State University
Many of our graduates also go on to study in the EOU MAT program and pursue careers teaching art at the high school level.
In addition to preparing students to go on to pursue graduate study many of our graduates successfully make the direct transition from the academy to the art world. Graduates have gone on to work as technician’s and instructors at Bullseye Glass in Portland as well as several art-metal foundries throughout the northwest region. Others have found positions working with the Washington State Arts Commission and some have chosen to work together to open their own collective studio spaces such as the La Grande Waypoint Studios.